View Single Post
nannyde 05:45 PM 09-12-2017
Originally Posted by Michael:
Love that quote!

I have tried to figure out many times how to better the forum. I know there are members that have no idea about the things like our member's groups and I've often tried to figure out if I needed to make the site/forum more current in its look. I know there are a ton of things I could add but I like the simplicity of the content we have here which is vast and well indexed in the search engines.

My 1st responsibility is in keeping the forum firee to use and mostly free of disruptions, whether it be people or software/hardware related. That is what, in the past, has kept me from changing everything to something newer.

The forum has been VERY stable and I have a good handle on hackers and spammers trying to get in. (knock on wood) I personally check every new member's IP and know who is trying to get in and delete their account if they come from a hacking prone country.

After 15 years, I will be MOVING the website/database/blogs/forums to a new server in a week. Our server/computer has been used for Daycare.com since 2002! Those of you with computers know that is a crazy long time to house something like this. The hard discs have been spinning all that time.

So, next week will either go smoothly or the floor might just drop out. At least a couple of you have my cell number and if anything critical happens, please let me know. Wish me luck.
Wow! Now you have me scared!

Please save the archives. They are gold to this site.

I prefer this format. I like that the poster can use their real name or username. That's one of the biggest value of this forum.

This is the best site for daycare and it has the best archives.

Anyone who wants to learn the craft of doing child care for other people's children can go back thru the archives and read forward.

It's better than any daycare book you could buy. It's better than any class you can take. It's also a historical progression of child care, business, and the change in parenting through the years.