Thread: Grocery Costs
View Single Post
Renae82 01:51 PM 09-13-2017
Originally Posted by daycare:
my husband has his on grocery bill, I am a mean wife and won't buy his food. lol

he has eaten a keto diet since he was in his 20s. he eat zero starch and only eats veggie carbs, no fruit. I have never in my life seen him eat any candy, cakes etx.

I also hate potato and pasta. Rice is ok, but I could live without them. Veggies I could not live without and avocado. lol

NONE of my dcks eat well at home. One thing that i dread more than anything is that when we enroll a new child we deal with lots of meltdowns and crying at the table. Sorry, but we don't serve junk here.

eventually the kids come around, but it always takes time.
My husband and I both eat keto, I think that adds a lot to our grocery bill.
I am amazed to see some of the low grocery bills from those that eat fresh foods. Ours is an average of $260 per week for a family of 4 plus 6 dck. With the exception of pasta, crackers, and a few random other things I serve mostly fresh food. I only buy meat on sale and stock up. I have a hard time when it comes to fruit because I try not to repeat the same fruit in one week. So that gets expensive when I buy fruit that isn't on sale.
Veggies are much more reasonable and we have a garden as well.