View Single Post
Ariana 06:02 PM 09-14-2017
Holding urine during unconsciousness is not always achieved at the same time for every child so it is perfectly normal in my opinion.

I would make sure she uses the bathroom before she goes for nap though because she might just be urinating before she falls asleep. My own daughter was potty trained at 3 but we thought she needed a pullup at night because we thought she was waking uo wet. Turns out she was just too lazy to get up in the morning to pee and would just go in the diaper. We caught on and never put her in one after that, no accidents.

My nearly 5 year old still poops in her pullup. I give her a pullup only at night so that is the only opportunity she has to poop and she will hold it until then. If we take the pullups away she holds it and I do not want to deal with constipation and impacted feces (saw it at daycare and it was terrible). We have tried EVERY trick in the book to no avail. Some parents have said their kids just started pooping in the toilet at 5 so we are hoping, otherwise I have no clue what I am going to do!