View Single Post
Blackcat31 02:07 PM 02-12-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I just wanted to chime in here because of all the rediculois nieve people saying to trust your providers. Sure maybe if they are a family member but I will never trust someone that I don’t know. And I don’t know about you but you are not getting to know that provider by just going over to there at home daycare and talking to them. There are SOOOOOO many incidents where the parent thought the provider or caregiver was trustworthy and they put on such a great smile and are so great with the kids when they are there for drop off and pick up, and you absolutely do not know FOR SURE what that person could be doing with your child in the day. People put on a show for the parents, point blank I have seen it many times where they thought they could trust them and did and they shouldn’t have.And no it’s no always abuse happening but things you just wouldn’t want your child doing, like for example bieng left to cry in a room for a long period of time. I cringe every time I think about that happening to my daughter. I want her to have love and attention. I had worked in many daycare centers and have had my own in home daycare and now work at an in Home Daycare and I will always believe that you just cannot trust someone with your child that you wouldn’t consider a great friend or family member. And someone even the closest people to you end up decorating you and doing the wrong thing!
Point is stop assuming that you have the right for some random parent to trust you with their child. Trust me they want to trust you! But I’m this day and age you just can’t, in other words you should not.
It sounds like you have figured out how to address your concerns/fears and are caring for your own child!

Good for you! Everyone needs to do what they need to do for their own comfort level in regards to raising their child.

I also know that just because you have had a bad experience or maybe seen some things that were less than your expectations it doesn't mean all daycare providers are putting on a show for parents.

For every bad dishonest provider in business, there are a 100 trustworthy honest providers that really do this job for the love of the kids they care for.

Please don't paint them all with the same brush.