View Single Post
Core12 03:08 AM 10-25-2018
I run an inhome daycare with my mother in our home. We have nine kids under three years old (one is my nephew).
Recently, a dcd came to pick up his son early unannounced during nap time. No apology, child did not have any appointments...basically dcd just smiled and didn’t say much. I explained that his 1 year old was napping and I would go and get him and he followed me all of the way into my bedroom! I had 2 other babies in my room sleeping in Pack n Plays. I felt like he was checking up on me and also I felt like he wanted to see that his kid was sleeping and not just crying bc they have such issues with him sleeping at night (bc they sleep w/him).
Now I wish I would have had a predetermined answer and said, “wait right here,” however, I also feel like these young parents think that it’s part of the deal for a home daycare to give up their privacy.
I’m hurt more than anything because I truly believe, “we teach ppl how to treat us” and apparently I need to show myself more self respect. I just did not want him to think I was up to no good by not allowing him into my bedroom.