View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:31 AM 07-23-2012
Originally Posted by jessrlee:
I get that I need to step up as the employer. The uncomfortable part is that this is a friends' daughter. I had a chat with her friday and laid down the law with the cell phone. My challenge right now is that I want to keep her busy so she can get an idea of all the work that goes into a daycare. Her mom has a childcare (which is why I hired her) but the girl has a hard time keeping on task.
I still think that even though she is a friends dd, you should be honest with her about her poor attitude and poor job performance. If necessary, tell your friend first that you are going to be discussing this issue with the dd so your friend knows your side of the issue before her dd comes to her.

If she is truly your friend, she really can't expect you to just suck it up and deal with her dd being such a poor worker......if she would get upset, then she isn't truly your friend.

Besides, YOUR income/family/business trumps friendship when you cross that friend-family-working with (or for you) relationship line.