View Single Post
cheerfuldom 06:21 AM 05-29-2011
I missed the update the OP wrote but agree that if there is any way possible, you need to be around your son more. No thats not what you want to hear. I understand times are tough but you WILL continue to have issues with daycare when your son is away from you that much and you cannot miss even a day of work to accommodate him. You need a backup plan at all times in case he just needs time with you or becomes seriously ill. Besides that, finding a new daycare is not the old daycare's problem. You're his parent, it's your responsibility and your problem. Things didn't work out at the first place and they terminated, which they had the right too, and have no responsibility to watch your child while you find another caregiver. This is a business, not a charity. Yes it involves children but still, from a business perspective, they are cutting their losses and letting you go, makes perfect sense. They did not do anything illegal or even unethical as I am sure it is all spelled it in the contract. I think the thing that is most alarming about the situation is how upset you are at being inconvenienced by your own child. You will not find much support for your point of view here because as child care providers, we unfortunately see a lot of parents like you that are working so much that they don't have the time to fully care for each issue or research the best daycare option and usually only get upset when the issue becomes a problem for them. It is very possible that this daycare could have handled things better but you can only control yourself, your responses and reactions. The court system or whoever is not going to care that you had to miss work to find new daycare so I seriously doubt you have any recourse in this situation. Its just a part of being a parent. Good luck in your new search.