View Single Post
Unregistered 01:14 PM 05-31-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Im looking for a specific answer to a question. Im not explaining our train of thought or writing a book here. Nor am I looking for advice on a new daycare.

If you want to help and stay on topic then please respond. If not, dont bother. I dont have time for this.

But to appease your thoughts and to put the questions of any others to rest I will explain:

Kids get bit in daycare. It happens, I understand this. Im not going to remove him if its not an ongoing constant issue. Moreover is the fact of how they treated us here at the end, I dont want other parents to go through the same thing.

After the incident with his hand we immediately started looking for a new daycare. It takes a little bit more time to find a daycare than 3 days of looking and calling around around, especially sine we CAN NOT afford to miss work, and work regular hours. I personally work from 7am to 7pm during the weekdays, and am also regularly on call during the weekend.

I am not at all upset about having to look for a new daycare. You read that post out of the context I meant for it to be read as.

I am UPSET because we are gonna be out of the money I use to feed my son and pay rent, because they gave us no notice and blind sided us. They KNEW we were taking him out, and decided to kick him out because we could make arrangements.

Again I'll ask the question the post was made for. Can we do anything to make sure this doesn't happen to any other people, legal, civil, or otherwise?

I won't apologize for the group being so rude to you. I'm a parent who uses this site as reference and have noticed that virtually are of them are like this in virtually every situation. I agree that the group should stay focused on what you asked, not disect your email about your working hours or otherwise because that's not what you were asking. I recommend that you read your contract. What this forum doesn't seem to get time after time is that while it's easy to say you should pull your child, etc, but in the long run, as customers, we work part or full time and have to be at work or we risk losing our jobs or losing our annual raise because of this kind of stupid stuff that this daycare pulled on you.

If I were you, I would read your contract and if they were supposed to give you 2 weeks, then I would file a complaint with licensing. If there is a generic clause about giving less than 2 weeks notice, they have to legally justify that if someone challenges it and I would challenge that via licensing. Good luck and just be glad that your child is out of there. You'll see that things will be much better somewhere else. And before signing up your child in a home daycare, I would highly recommend you read some threads on the daycare provider part of the forum before deciding and get some recommendations from your friends. Ultimately, go with your gut during your tour and turn down any place that won't give you a tour during core learning time - it's vital so you can see how they interact with the children and what they do during the day. Some teachers are real flat and downright not fit to be around kids. Good luck!