View Single Post
daycarediva 10:41 AM 10-29-2014
Originally Posted by Meyou:
I agree with the others. I have her twin here and they only thing that has helped with her behavior keeping eyes on her at all times and separating her from the group if I'm not right there. I have a basket of toys and a spot for her to play when I can't be right there.

She is much, much better now but it took MONTHS of consistency to get her to this point. She went through a variety of bad behaviors trying to find something that worked during that time. Pushing, taking toys from younger children, using words to trick other children to get their toys, lying, tantrums, passive resistance, not so passive resistance, pretending she couldn't hear me....I could go on and on. I did the same thing every single time. We also did the toilet rolls in the toilet and other bad washroom choices so she hasn't peed alone or without asking for permission in 6 months. She's been potty trained for 2 years.

The only reason I didn't term is because I've had her older brother for 8 years and I love the family. They put in an awesome effort at home to fix her behavior issues as well. Literally, went along with anything I asked them to do. It was hard work here and at home.

At this point at almost 4 she is in the general population most of the time. She can't handle some situations but I can see them coming now and prevent a relapse by redirecting her. For example, she CANNOT free play after our music class. She is too wound up and excited and her poor impulse control totally takes over. So after music class we have snack and she plays at the table. Once 45 min to an hour has passed she is calm again and rejoins her friends. Often friends will join her at the table now since she plays nice.
I about died laughing at gen-pop.

She would be my shadow. PERIOD.