View Single Post
Cat Herder 07:22 AM 04-12-2017
Originally Posted by RIWorkingMom:
The fact that some of you are so quick to blame the child breaks my heart.
Wow. You are gifted with the deflect, minimize, reverse and project. Luckily I can smell it like antibiotic poo in the diaper of a kid hiding in the block center. You asked for our opinions. Take it, leave it, but don't be an askhole.

With that, I am done with your thread. I sincerely want things to get better for your daughter. Good luck.

For newbies: There is online annual "working with difficult personalities" training for situations like this. Here is a direct quote from our most recent training.

"Here's a short list of the types of people I would lump into the "unreasonable":

*Those you can't have a reasonable conversation with; they somehow twist your words or totally confuse you and then tell you that you're the one who doesn't know how to communicate

*People who make subtly or overtly demeaning comments or say cutting things to you disguised as a "joke"

*Those that don't respect boundaries and seem to enjoy stepping all over one after you've placed it

*The types that aren't willing to consider your point of view or listen to your side of things (or just stare at you blankly, or laugh, or explode, when you try to explain "how you think or feel")

*Bullies

*Verbal or emotional abusers (these can also range from subtle to overt)

*Manipulators

*People who leave you feeling bad, sad, shaky or feeling sick in the pit of your stomach

*"Crazymakers," a.k.a. people who provoke you into acting crazy or unbalanced (and love making you feel like there's something wrong with you when you do), when your behaviour across the rest of your life is proof that you're not

*The excessively charming who are too good to be true and have an ulterior motive