View Single Post
My4SunshineGirlsNY 06:16 PM 01-25-2011
Originally Posted by MsJoy:
I like the ideas for food. Today I just fed her the yogurt myself after the first throwing of it this morning. I like to give kids the benefit of the doubt, but honestly, I've seen her throw her food and then laugh about it. And I'm running out of clean rags!

What's strange is that even though she's 18 months, I feel like she's not understanding me or hearing me. She's very smart, it's not like it's a developmental thing. It's just that she won't make eye contact when I'm correcting her, or if she does she's just smiling and laughing. Not sure what that's all about, but I will continue to use time out and taking away food/drinks that are deliberately thrown. Hopefully she'll get the idea.

Thank you again!
This is SO EXACTLY what I am dealing with in my 26 month old daycare boy! I am reaching my wits end at what to do...feeling I have been more than patient and provided the correct discipline to no avail. He hits all the other kids for no reason at all, throws toys, crayons, whatever he can. I'm getting tired of him hitting the other kids. He can only play nice for less than 5 min. before he's hitting.

I'm going to have to step it up and just take all these things away for the entire day...he's going to have nothing to do with the behavior he projects here. I don't want him to dislike it here, but enough is enough. I can't even wipe down a counter before he's hitting someone, breaking something, jumping off my couch because he's so hyper, or destroying the house.