View Single Post
Unregistered 11:45 PM 06-29-2015
Hello.

For those with experience with running a daycare or childcare facility, please read on.

I have been the subject of defamation. The daycare runs a good program that has zero problems with licensing, a perfect record (so far), and the people who are not in the loop of the gossiping are very happy with the school. The children are happy and the facility is well maintained, etc. The teachers are qualified and educated and they are likeable people.

Unfortunately this is a tight knit community and those in the loop are in the majority, so much so that since this all started a few months ago, I have not only lost all my clients, I have lost new clients who found out about these rumours afterwards. All of the new people that have signed up in the meantime are from outside this community and thus have no idea of the bad reputation the school has come under. This is unfortunate especially since despite being very happy with the facility, they will be unable to spread their goodwill in the community and counteract the bad rumours due to their homes being outside of the area.

I am unable to give details as to the nature of the rumours since I really don't know the specifics. I believe it stems from my personality, which is not the most outgoing or bubbly. In order to combat this, I have hired people who have that personality type who actively engage with the parents and be the face of the school.

Since the school year has just ended, all the bad-mouthing unhappy people have left, permanently. What I am wondering is if I am doomed or should I hold-out and rebuild.

Thanks.