View Single Post
284878 10:11 AM 09-05-2015
Originally Posted by Mandy:
I do not think anyone in their right mind would provide daycare for free unless they are also working another job. For most of you, it is your only job. I know bill folks will not ne sympathetic if someone said "I run a business, but I am making zilch income from it because I am doing it for love." That bill person would just shut off whatever service they provide for you. And as someone here already said, there is a possibility people with bad intentions would say yes to their ad. Also, if that person has enough money for a computer and internet, they surely have enough money for childcare. That is just my opinion because at my house, the computers and tablets I own did not cost cheap

If I was a parent, I would make sure my kid goes to a provider who is highly qualified. I would more than likely use Care.com instead of craigslist
There is someone on FB that post she needs a day care for her 2 kids (under 2) for 12 /13 hours a day 5 days a week. She will provide them food. Person must pass DHS background check. (since she has a DHS / CPS open case) for $70 a week. She got a DC center to do this but then the dc got shut down for breaking a bunch of rules. So she is looking again. This time with a different job. (she posts where she works) Her hours are now 10/11 per day and will drop kids off to you for $60 per week. DHS background check approved. Every time she post looking for a DC, she has SAHM post that they are interested, then they find out the hours, BG check, and pay. They try to educate her on how that is not enough $$ and why or recommend her to apply for assistants. (She offers use of her food card, which is illegal)

(What got me is caring for non related children in your home is against the law but when I asked a CPS worker/ not hers. They / CPS will allow that law to be broken in cases like these. Really, instead of working on their budget, you will have someone else break the law?)