View Single Post
Controlled Chaos 08:20 AM 05-05-2016
For starters I am only open 7-5 This took a year, I had to get established and a good reputation before I was able to limit my hours, but I would work with that as I goal in the back of your mind, especially if you are a "preschool". I would aim for 7:30-5:30 and then see if you can shorten at all from there.

I would make a preschool schedule. For me everyday 7-8:30 is free play while I make snacks, prep lunch, get supplies together and plan activities. Plan in times for you to assemble supplies, print, and tidy up.

I do spend about 2 hours a month deep cleaning to play area. I could get this done with daycare kids here during the last 30 min, but I don't... So I plan on it once a month, after my kiddos are asleep.

Daily cleaning - sweep after all meals, mop after lunch.
Bathroom - right after I tuck kids in for nap, it takes me 5min since I do it so often.

Garbage - right at closing everyday, I take all garbages out.

Wiping down other surfaces/dusting - as I see it, I do it.

Vacuum - I try to vacuum first thing in the morning (it helps wake up my sleeping kids)

Yard work - I rake, weed and water with the kiddos.

Laundry - I toss in a load every morning, switch it while the kids eat lunch and fold it after I tuck in my kiddos at night.

Bills - nap time (after reading or working on homework with my DD - Kindergartner)

I have a play based program, so I aim to be hands free for the most part. I create opportunities to learn by rotating stimulating toys. I have monthly themes that I create invitations to play around. I always have sensory tubs available. I do one hands on, teacher directed activity a day.

Stay organized and set realistic goals. My front walk in area is always tidy as parents see it and its their first impression of my home/daycare. My kids' rooms and my bathroom look lived in and often messy. I don't mind. They aren't part of the daycare. We live here, it can look like it