View Single Post
nannyde 03:12 PM 02-02-2011
Originally Posted by bunches:
Being in front of the computer allowed me to watch the whole video, the whole day, for days. Unfortunately my child does need a daycare and I will do everything in my power to find one who agrees with me on the level of affection that a toddler needs.

I firmly believe that the right kind of caregivers are the ones who do not need to argue with on how many times my child needs to be held. I don't have to say once a day, twice a day. It will be their instinct to hold my child when it's needed because they want to. I also believe that not all caregivers who think they have the skill and the emotional intelligence to be one actually does. A lot of caregivers do not need to be there.
I love me some "my child" posts. It's so Mama Bear. Dig it

I think it was you who said "And this is why I only consider facilities that have cameras - to catch the defensive kind."

I couldn't agree with you more. Yay for cameras in day care centers.

It's music to my ears. Now you just have video. Wait till you get the audio too. That will REALLY tell you what is going on. Soon enough that technology will be cheap enough for every Center to have it for the parents viewing.

You can't teach "emotional inteligence" and they can't fire for it either. Time to move on to another camera'd facility, get Grandma back to care for him, or get them to switch his room. I would reccomend you not allowing it to go on on day two, three, four, and five as you did this time. This is the kind of thing you pull the kid for IMMEDIATELY after one day.