View Single Post
Nickel 10:50 AM 07-24-2012
I ordered all the pieces from Home Depot. I figured I'd need three 8ft wooden premade fence panels one way and 2 8ft panels the other way. Then I got two gates (as per licensing standards) and I bought the nails, fence posts, a level, and decided to get a new drill because the one I have is subpar and I use my drill A LOT! This one is corded so it has more power. I bought a longer tape measurer as well because the one I had was only 12 ft and just wasn't long enough to make the job easier. Then I bought round walkway stones to go from my porch to my fenced area and pea gravel to go around them. and a border. All in all it cost a little under $400. I still have to rent the hole digger. I forget what it's called.

Now I just have to wait until everything gets shipped to the store so I can go pick it up. I have to make several trips because I don't have a truck, but it willl be worth it in the end.

Getting the pavers was funny because the guy said most pavers are a foot a part. I told him it was for my kids area so that wouldn't work. We actually got the stones out on the floor and let my two year old walk on them to measure the distance between each one! lol. I ended up needing 8 of them but I think it's going to look so cute when I'm done. And what I like is that I can easily convert the area into an adult get away if i needed to

I can't wait till it comes in because my dogs are already trying to eat my play mats and they stole all the toys from the sand and water table. He said maybe next week so I am hoping. Good luck with your fence. I'll post photos when I finally get all the materials in and get started.