View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:42 AM 04-15-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Do any of you in home care providers have cameras? Pros and cons of having cameras for parents to view children during care?

I currently do not have cameras never really considered it and I dont feel a need for them, but a parent brought it up and it made me wonder how home providers feel about cameras and how many actually have them.
Other threads about cameras.
https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=camera

I have cameras in my home. I have 6 inside and 6 outside.

I would NEVER allow a parent to view them. It would be a direct violation of privacy for other children/families.

I have them for liability reasons and to protect myself.

Originally Posted by Unregistered:
As a home provider I would never, ever place cameras in my home. I wouldn't want any risk of them being on after hours or anything funky. It feels really invasive of my home and my own family.

But as a parent, I would absolutely never, ever send my child to a daycare without cameras. It's my personal preference and one of reasons I decided to stay home. I just couldn't stomach the thought of being completely out if touch with my children.

So I understand the parent's desire but as a home provider I'd suggest they go to a center of the cameras are s deal breaker
This is a good example of why I would never allow parents to view or have access to video feeds.