View Single Post
nannyde 04:36 AM 09-01-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have been using cameras since day one and is has been the best $500.00 I ever spent. The peace of mind that the families that have placed their children in our care is off the charts. They love being able to watch their children play during an often hard work day. They also can see every time a child gets a bump or bruise because we send them the clip right after the minor injury.

Everybody that works her and has their children here knows that they are being watch and recorded and nobody has a problem with it. When we have other peoples children, there is no right to privacy.

It has worked so well that I am starting a company that will offer to install cameras in the home daycare facilities and we will be paying them to do it. When you have 24 parents that come to you and request our upcoming service, saying no to them will create distrust and they will wonder what you are hiding. I would love to hear more feedback on this topic.
I hope you came across this when you did your research.

https://www.census.gov/prod/2013pubs/p70-135.pdf

Almost one-quarter of all preschoolers
were cared for in organized
facilities, with day care centers
(13 percent) being more commonly
used than nursery or preschools
(6 percent). Overall, other nonrelatives
provided home-based care to
11 percent of preschoolers, with
5 percent cared for by family day
care providers.
The stat was really 4.6 percent but we can round it to five. (Table one)

If home day care is your target market, you picked the smallest market in the child care business.

You said "I have been using cameras since day one and is has been the best $500.00 I ever spent."

If you can pull it off for five hundred bucks for your home daycare, why do you believe there is a market to have you as a middle man receiving income from the small number of parents who send their kids to home daycare? Remember there are sib groups within that small number that have the same parent paying too.

If there is money to be made by doing cameras in in home daycare... why would we need you? $2500 a year wouldn't be enough money to get providers to let you have the rest of the money that could be made... since you must believe there is a profit to you after giving the provider a couple of hundred dollars a month.