View Single Post
Nisaryn 08:29 AM 07-29-2015
Don't feel bad or put off. In your advertisement did you make sure to put something like "offering a home away from home" type feel? Something like that? That is how I got my clients, they all wanted the home feel and weren't interested in things like 'centers' or anything like that so I don't have any. They came to me specifically because I didn't offer anything overly structured but then, all my DCKs are infants and under 2. We sing and dance, play outside, have a water and sand table. I even have a table with a floor mat to go under it for "food play" where I will take different colored dyed applesauce for the littles to play with. It gets messy but its lots of fun! Like you I can't do much with my house...its a military home so I'm not allowed to decorate too much and I have to do my best to keep the noise down and we have to practice base emergency drills monthly, especially with the ISIS. When I did parent interviews I had them come in with my place set-up as it would be for when kids are here so I had most of the toys out, the tables set up and I had music playing lightly in the background. I think this helped a lot.