View Single Post
MrsSteinel'sHouse 05:07 AM 07-30-2015
This is from an email to a mom trying to make a decision on care-

I can say what I have to offer-
small group size. Maximum of 6 but 3 days only 4 are here. Only one other child still in diapers. Babies get held and loved on. They do not have to cry and cry before I can get to them.

Babies have their own equipment (high chair, crib, pack and play etc) and toys. I keep baby toys separate for them. They are sanitized and put back for that baby. I also train the older kids the proper way to "love baby" we only kiss the top of the head.

food- I provide organic cereal and baby food. Once they are on table food I buy fresh and local whenever possible. I buy organic when it is possible (cereal, flour, spaghetti sauce etc)

We do not watch tv. We are too busy playing.
Play is the most important thing that we can do during the day. The kids are provided many different opportunities to explore. I try to find opportunities to incorporate skills and concepts into hands on play.

Literature is very important in our world. We read daily and to infants toddlers that tends to be the same book many times in one day! Right now I have one stuck on Llama Llama books and I read them multiple times in a day. Kids that hear more words do better in school. Kids in my care tend to have awesome vocabularies.

Art- That was my major and I have a love for doing art with kids. Generally by a year they are painting and playing in playdoh.

Outside- I am big on outside daily. I know this time of the year that is a little harder but we do tend to make it out even if it is on the patio for a bit. My kids know how to splash in puddle, the joy of playing in the rain, the love of snow!, how to dig in the dirt and play with worms. We grow a garden every year and the kids love eating peas, peppers and cherry tomatoes straight out of the garden- as well as strawberries and blueberries. We go for walks in the neighborhood. The kids love picking up newspapers for my elderly neighbors and running them up to their doors. In the spring there are days that we move out onto the patio and spend most of the day out there.

Schedule- There are certain things in our schedule that must be kept on time but my kids get to play until they are done. We have longer time to explore. We do not have to do what I have planned for the day but where the day leads us with the children's interests- and boy do they have ideas! Nap time is every day from 12 -3. Now babies totally dictate their schedule. Generally though it does fall into a pattern of morning nap and afternoon nap with play and eating in between.

Some other things- I use washclothes to wash faces and hands. When the kids are using the bathroom they dry hands on washclothes that are then placed to be washed. I can't imagine cleaning kids with papertowels! I use sleepsacks for infants- no blankets for naps until after a year. I keep an emergency bag in case we would have to evacuate. I am planned and prepared if there was an emergency and I would end up with children here at the house past pick up. I have over 3 days of food and water for everyone that would be here.

Training- I had over 40 hours of training last year. I am a professional child care provider. This is the main reason I keep my licensing. Myself, my husband, and my daughter all have CPR, first aid and the mandatory 6 hours for all providers. All adults in my household are fingerprinted and background checked.

lastly- I have a home environment. If a kid is tired they get snuggled. We eat home cooked meals, sing songs, and play in a home. They become part of my life and are loved on when they are here.

Anyway, let me know if you want to come up and see what I have to offer. I know it is a BIG decision where you want your baby to be raised. I had to make that decision with my daughter.

Mary Beth aka Mrs. Steinel's House

I don't have a flyer on this computer- but when I do "flyers" I do tri fold brochures. I think they look more professional, especially in offices.