View Single Post
Preschool/daycare teacher 04:56 PM 12-06-2010
Originally Posted by marniewon:
Wow, if I had kids unlocking doors for people, I would have to put a chain lock on the door - high enough where they can't reach it. That would make me mad and scared that kids were unlocking doors for people without my knowledge/permission! The doors are locked for a reason, and you should be the only one unlocking them!
because of licensing we have to have the locks and door knobs where the children can reach them by themself without any special knowledge. At least we're "allowed" to lock them with the regular doorknob locks...just not dead bolted... I hate it that they can reach them and unlock them without permission. If I could catch the one who unlocks it when they see a parent pull in, I'd sure be doing some talking to them! But it's always when I'm busy with one in the bathroom, or getting snack or meal ready in the kitchen. They've run in ahead of me before from outside, and locked me out. THAT didn't go over well. But it didn't stop them from still doing it occasionally, especially if they're trying to lock another child out after we've all been outside.