View Single Post
Preschool/daycare teacher 07:43 PM 08-19-2010
Originally Posted by Jewels:
Do you mind saying which one you purchased?
It's called Funsteps. It looks so perfect for what I need! Pre-planned lessons, each day is packaged in a seperate plastic bag, monthly parent newsletters, even monthly provider newsletters with ideas and tips for daycare providers.
I'm really relieved that I decided to purchase a pre-packaged curriculum. It follows NAEYC guidelines, which is very good since our Paths to Quality inspection for the next level is coming up. When I was making up my own, I had no idea if it was following the guidelines, developmentally appropriate, etc. And I'd be spending hours each weekend trying to come up with one week of lesson plans. Plus, since this follows those guidelines, it's easier to explain to parents why their child won't be coming home with a bunch of worksheets this year. I tried to eliminate worksheets as much as possible last year, but then parents started thinking their child wasn't getting preschool!
sorry, I started rambling...I'm just so excited about how much easier preschool will be this year!