View Single Post
Country Kids 06:38 PM 05-01-2012
Originally Posted by Texasjeepgirl:
For the first year.. although we put our children FIRST.. no matter what...but... he couldn't really look at me .. would always turn to the side rather than look right at me when we spoke...but.. I let him have his time..

The second year we started being friends again..
He grew up with my 'now' husband.. they are a few year apart in age...but...
knew each other all their lives...actually very very distant cousins.. like 5th I think.
My ex's great great grandfather...and my new husbands great grandfather...were brothers... or something like that... translation...My ex husband's mother's maiden name.. same as my new husband's last name..
translation.. my kids are very distant cousins to their stepdad...
WELCOME TO SMALL TOWN AMERICA..

Year 2... and 3... we live in our furniture store... (see some of my other posts to catch up on this story)... my ex asked if he could spend the night here on Christmas Eve... so he could be here when my kids woke up on Christmas morning... (it was my year to have them)... he slept out in the store in a recliner...

We also went to dinner together .. following school program's... several times this happened... once.. on me and new hubby's wedding anniversary...
The looks.. from local people... hilarious...
I've been here 27 years..
Married to the first one 15 years.. married almost 10 years now to hubby #2... Many many local people know all of us...

Year 4 and 5...
He said to me on the phone.. All I want is to find what you and (new hubby) have... it is obvious to everyone that you two were meant for each other... and I want that...

a few months later.. he said..I think I've found her...

several months later...he asked if my husband would go with him to the jeweler ( jeweler that my new hubby recommended) to pick out diamonds for the engagement ring..
Every diamond the jeweler showed him...he immediately handed to my husband and said... what do you think?
My husband ended up choosing the diamond...and the setting...
Then seperately...we each coached him on how to propose...

I see a live time movie being made out of this story! What a story it is. I'm so glad that you to have the relationship that you have and your new hubby is accepting of it.

Have they got married yet?

Another question did your kids ever resent that you gave custody to your ex because of the childcare? I know it wasn't easy as a mama but I wonder if they ever have talked to you about how they felt. I know it wasn't per say "the childcare" that did it but because of it there were certain things you couldn't do.

I know personally mine would be heart broken if I (even if it was for all the right reasons) did that. They would think that it was once again the childcare that took there mama from them. Mine really struggle with the childcare and 3 of them have been born into it.