View Single Post
daycare 07:01 PM 09-25-2012
SO I finally got to talk to licensing today and they gave me an answer to all of my questions.

Basically, since both mom and dad are on the paper work and there is nothing in writing from the courts this means that they have 50-50 custody until a court order states other wise. It does not matter where the parents reside.

SO with that being said, that means that both mom and dad can make request as to who can or can't take the child from the childcare.

Since the mom is on the paper work, she can follow my PHB, which states you must put it in writing that one of your alternate will pick up from care. This means that if the mom wants her mother to pick up DCG from care, and I have the proper paper work from the mom, then I have to release the dcg to g-ma.

the only way that I can get out of having to release the DCG to g-ma is if she tried to pick up without written permission of either parent or if there is a court order stating so.

Looks like this could get messy. Right now things are shaky, but not to the point that it is causing me much stress.

DCG was here today and was as happy as could be. I did tell dad the news, but told him that I can call him if ever there is such a request from the mom and he can deal with it.

Just wanted to update and say thank you to everyone who was kind enough to help me out with their advice.