View Single Post
Snowmom 07:05 AM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by alicesaf:
I have no idea how my friend cleans her two-floored house by herself. I use help sometimes, like once a month i call cleaning service and they just scrub my house to shine.
Two vacuum cleaners and wonder-mop is just not enough for me to stuff all this cleaning in one day.

How do you manage to prioritize and separate house cleaning? Can you do that in one day?
Timing.

I keep all my necessities within reach all day (broom/dust pan, rag mop, spray cleaner). When we finish a meal, the kids are responsible for cleaning up their assigned task (one has cups, one has plates, one has silverware, etc). While they do that, I sweep up. Then we wash up and go directly to outdoor time. I put the dishes away while they dress in their outdoor gear. I mop after they come in- while they take off their gear and put it away.

I clean the rest of my house during nap. I also clean the kitchen during afternoon snack time.

All my kids MUST participate in clean up time at 4:00. If they refuse, they will not have their choice of helper duties the next day and may lose privileges for not helping the group.
At 4:00, we have dance time or a game that's minimal work for me to put away.