View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 11:58 AM 09-13-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
That sounds great. Here, if referred by childcare, the therapy is free to families (block grant). They can come to daycare and the childs home.
I'll let DCM know to ask about free assessments. I believe that TriCounties does them for free but if not I'm sure we can find something, if we still can't find something free they have good health insurance and will just need a referral from the Ped to get it covered.

Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I'd also ask about confinement equipment use at home, too.
I thought about this also. Here I don't use anything for her other than a highchair for meals and while I'm pretty sure DCM is pretty vigilant about the equipment they both are super busy people and DCD picks up at 5:30 p.m. because mom doesn't get home until 6:30. She is also with DCD in the mornings so not sure if DCD has her in highchairs/bouncy seats/swing etc. I'll have to discuss this with them too.

I do know that DCM has mentioned that the baby doesn't let her get stuff done and she has to pick her up etc. and I'm assuming they hold her more than she needs. She was this way for me at first but is able to spend most of the day on the floor so for them at least it's learned behavior. She cries-she gets picked up.

They are good parents, but like you said, life gets hectic and sometimes you don't realize how much time babies spend confined.

Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
The mom needs to take ASQ to dr and insist on an EI referal
Yes. I will give her my assessment and I will give her a blank one that she can do herself. She can take both assessments to her Ped./early development office when she asks for her assessment.

I am also typing up my observations, noting the things that I have been doing and have included the things that I will be incorporating/changing so that hopefully I can feedback and ideas on what else to do here and what to stop doing.

I am totally for someone coming here for physical therapy, I prefer it. That way I can see what they do and I can support it and do it here also.