View Single Post
Unregistered 05:14 PM 09-17-2018
I worked in CA childcare for years. Waking a sleeping child is considered a violation of personal rights (a form parents sign upon enrolling and required for Licensing). To get around this I would have parents write a permission letter stating that they request and give permission to wake the child after a certain period of time or at a certain time. Naptime is run this way and childcare centers try to keep kids laying down for 2 to 2.5 hours so the teachers can take lunch breaks without the center requiring another staff person in the room. Staffing for ratio for 10 to 12 hours is tough and costly. The only time the teachers are given to plan prep or clean up is naptime. So all teachers strive for a hassle free naptime so they can get stuff done and take lunch breaks. If you have bedtime issues, i would write a note requesting your child is woken up by 2 or 230. Licensing nor the center can't argue with parent requests and permission, but they will state that naptime is required for healthy children....not to mention mentally healthy teachers!