View Single Post
familyschoolcare 08:51 AM 07-23-2011
In response to the mother not supplying the milk b/c wic did not give it to her and the mom not having the $5 to buy the milk. While it is sad to think about and we in the United States like to pretend that child do not go hungery they do everyday.

It is possible that the mom did not have $5 people that qualify for wic (was on the program myself) are living below or very close to the poverty line. I remember many times having to deiced on buy a gallon of milk for my children to a gallon of gas for my car. This may be an unpopular thing to say/hear but I always chose the gas b/c with out gas I could not get any where. meaning my children would not go to day care where they provided 2/3 of the meals they eat 5 days a week at no cost to me (was on cal works). Also, I would not have gotten to school and then never ever would have been able to get of a county assistance b/c I never ever was going t have marketable skills to get a job above min. wage.

My point please do not judge the mom. She may very will be doing the best she can and it is not her fault that they system in place to help her is failing.