View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 02:34 PM 08-08-2014
I provide the centers every day and I rotate the items in the centers every so often depending on the center.
Centers I have out all of the time are:
Book Nook - Rotate books out depending on what we're doing.
Blocks - I always have the wooden blocks out but I add an "extra" like cardboard blocks, Mega Bloks, or toy like cars, animals etc.
Manipulatives - I have two out at a time: Duplos, wooden train set, fish builders, bristle blocks, etc.
Dramatic Play - I have a kitchen set, a small rectangle table, a small square table and a large wooden "cubby" furniture piece with shelves and hooks. It always stores play food, wallets, purses, cook ware and dishes then I add other stuff that can be used for whatever the kids want the area to be like megaphones, telephones, costumes etc and they can add things like paper and pencils from the writing area.
Sand (sandbox) - the kids LOVE to play here so I always have the sandbox open with all of our sand toys.
Writing/Art - I have construction paper, lined paper, plain white paper, crayons, rubbing plates, tactile letters, stamps and ink pads, stickers and colored pencils all within reach. I keep the scissors, glue, collage materials and markers higher up and out of reach.
Math/Science: I keep jumbo tweezers, goggles, measuring cups, magnifying glasses and a scale on top of a short file cabinet.

I take out the paint about once a week
water about 2X's a week, more if it's hot
We also cook meals/snacks, play dough etc about 2X's a month
These I don't keep out all of the time.