View Single Post
squareone 12:20 PM 06-07-2011
1. permission to adminster sun screen, wont sign it
Tell them that unless they apply the sunscreen themselves (and sign something saying that they have done so), their child will be required to sit next to you in the shade while the other children play freely.

2. they are demanding all of the information that I have collected from them through documentation, ie state forms, permission slips, immunization records and etc.
They probably want a copy of their records for their next provider. Tell them that you will be happy to provide this service for an administrative fee of $25 and it will take 3-4 weeks to process this request.

3.they have decided that they want to only pay for 2 days for their last week instead of the full 3 days that they owe for??
See answer to #2 above. The administrative fee should include the cost of the day they are trying to skip on. So if your day rate is $25 then the admin fee should be $35 so.

4. refusing to sign my termination agreement form which states that they are still to comply with rules, the final amount they owe as well as stating that any items left after 30 days will become my property. There is more listed in it, like any unpaid fees get turned over to court and etc.
Make a note on the termination agreement that says PARENT REFUSED TO SIGN and then date it. Make a photocopy and physically hand it to mom. This is all you can really do. If/when you go to court, just tell the judge that they refused to sign. Hopefully your termination agreement is just reiterating what is already in your contract. If not, then you should make the termination details part of the actual contract and do away with the termination agreement.

they are getting ready to leave, they have the rest of this week and next week left and they are done. Should i fight this or just let it go. I am really upset about this, as I have not done anything to deserve it.
Fight it. I am not saying that you should go to court over one day's pay, but you should definitely NOT make ANY concessions for the parents during the remainder of their stay. They are being difficult and like you said - you don't deserve this. JMHO.