Thread: I Need Advice!
View Single Post
MissAnn 05:46 AM 09-15-2011
Originally Posted by rose14:
I started at a day care in August.I have never worked with children other than my own. I am having a problem with the children not listening to me. I am naturally very mellow and I have a soft voice. I've tried using a firmer voice. No difference. The director really doesn't talk to us employees unless there is something wrong or she feels like you need correction. The only advice she has given to me is to have a firmer voice. It doesn't work for me. Today I was watching the five year olds while their teacher was going to get her lunch. They were very loud and obnoxious. Just as the director walked in one male child came running out the bathroom with his pants down laughing hysterically. I'm at my wit's end and fearful for my job. When I tell them to settle down and be quiet they look right at me and keep going. I fear losing my job. Any suggestions? I'm in a two year old room until lunch and the last thirty minutes I am with the five year olds. I have problems with the two year olds as well but I'm usually always in with a teacher during that time.
I am all about consequences and praise. I try to keep my voice at all times

Since you hit while you were playing in the block center, you have lost your privilege of playing in the block center. You will get a do-over after lunch.

I love to see that teamwork, good job