View Single Post
frgsonmysox 08:54 PM 03-14-2013
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
I've been given permission to swat a child on the butt (which doesn't seem all that weird, just not in the scope of what I would EVER do).

I think one of my interview kickers was the one who put me on the spot about CPR protocals for an infant. I totally flubbed the question...but was really offended by being put on the spot. That mom also nursed her son (yay!) during the interview...using the "pull down the shirt from the top and leave the whole boob hanging out" method. Um, okay...nursing is great, but you *can* do it discretely...

Oh, and "So, the children are in the kitchen with you while you make lunch, right?" Um...nope, I just got done telling you that while I make lunch they play in the playroom *right beside the kitchen*. I can see most of the room from most of the kitchen. They are *right there*. And yes I do gate them out of the kitchen while I cook...it's safer that way. And the law in my state is "visual OR auditory range" so I'm perfectly fine doing that.

Those are probably the craziest, though I may have blocked some doozies out of my memory.
REALLY?! THATS your craziest? You'd hate me. I nurse all the time, uncovered, everywhere, and I generally pull it out over the top. ALL my daycare families have witnessed this, I've done it during all my interviews, and no one seems bothered. It's a boob. It's not a big deal.

Originally Posted by Unregistered:
You guys are making my day. I thought it was just me that goes through these things!

I had a mom bring another Mom's breakstmilk here too to feed to her baby. They are friends and I get that, but was not comfortable with someone else body fluids being brought into my home. Yikes, what if she had HIV or hepatitis or something?

you are a bit uneducated about nursing. I'm sorry, but this is a huge deal to me. THIS is what I'm studying, to become an IBCLC. There is so much negativity and misconceptions about nursing...

But the comment about the USDA and nursing had me CRACKING up.