View Single Post
Blackcat31 01:49 PM 07-14-2014
Unfortunately you are going to receive tons of different responses as each state has different requirements for licensing fees, insurance and required equipment and materials.

Also the number of children allowed per caregiver also varies from state to state.

Some states allow no more than 5 children while others allow as many as 12 per caregiver.

A lot of providers also started in home child care while their own children were young so they more than likely had toys and equipment from their own children to use.

For me personally, I had some toys and equipment but I also bought a completely separate house to run my child care out of so my start up costs are going to be very different than the next providers start up costs...kwim?

Having an in-home child care is alot like any other business....you start out thinking you have everything covered, only to spend more and more and more and more....

I've been in this business for two decades and I still have a wish list a mile long of things I am still hoping to get/buy.