View Single Post
happymom 08:51 AM 01-26-2016
I want to chime in because I have been in a spot similar to this before where I absolutely loved a provider and had been with her over 3 years.

My provider had to make a choice and basically chose another family over mine---I was having a second child whom she told me would have a spot in her daycare, but then she went back and changed her mind because she didn't want a young infant. I ended up changing care providers for both kids-- and she replaced my 3 year old with a 4 month old infant! It just didn't make sense.

It was hurtful to me, as we had all developed such a tight relationship over the years. I'm tearing up as I write this because we truly miss her so much, she was a huge part of our lives and now we don't see her often.

I wish I could say it was for the best, but if she would have my family back I would go back in a heartbeat! I wish now that I would have kept my 3 year old with her and found different care for the baby temporarily, because I know she will never have two spots open at once. It's really hard, it was one of the biggest decisions I ever made and I try not to take it personally. I really regret leaving though. Good child care is hard to find.