View Single Post
Play Care 09:12 AM 12-15-2016
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I'm calling BS on this one. To claim that the company's customers don't pay for vacations is an outright lie. If the employees' vacation days don't come out of the company profits, where DO they come from? Does the vacation fairy put money under their pillow? Nope, this business owner sets rates that will cover his or her expenses, INCLUDING employee vacations. OF COURSE they're charging their customers for that!
I agree with this.

My plumber or electrician may not put "vacation time" on the invoice, but then, they charge $100 just to show up, $50-$75 *per hour* for their work, and then cost of the parts. You bet your a$$ I'm paying for their vacations! And health insurance, and retirement, their kids college, etc. etc.etc.

Can you imagine the outrage if Day Care Providers started charging like other businesses?
$75 opening fee, $50 per hour per child fee, $25 per day diapering fee, $60 per day toilet training fee, etc. etc. etc.
Actually, that doesn't sound like a bad idea,

This is the only profession that gets a bad rap for wanting to be paid a living wage.

But this is the last time I'll post here. I'm not interested in debating a private business owner's policies with anonymous internet trolls.