View Single Post
Denali 08:14 PM 02-05-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
I don't give an advance notice (like an invoice) but if they don't have it at pick up, I ask "and tuition for next week?" before they leave.

Often times it is either:

1) they aren't used to paying in advance and forgot or
2) it's in their pocket and they just forgot.
I hate asking. I shouldn’t have to ask. It drives up my anxiety terribly. But I myself have been really happy when I get those “hey payment is due soon.” (This is in addition to the paper bill I get) Messages from Bank of America or the electric company instead of just waiting it out and getting slapped with late payment fees.

I feel like they are going the extra mile for me.

It is my responsibility, yes, but I feel they are trying to help me avoid the extra fees. Now if I still forget/don’t pay that’s on me, and I pay without a word. Ultimately it’s my job to pay on time, but I’m most definitely grateful that someone reminded me.

I can be pretty forgetful about some things sometimes, so any help is greatly appreciated. I have so much going on with scheduling, doctor appointments, therapy appointments, and my training for daycare that things slip my mind. Especially those things that are only due/happening once a month...

Now, there are people that purposely try and “forget” but they are easy to figure out. They typically have other problems as a daycare family.

Once you’ve gotten to know the parents you’ll know if you should remind them because they honestly just forgot vs the parents that try and avoid paying. 👍