View Single Post
Unregistered 02:01 PM 09-05-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
With a 4 yr old, I feel that forcing them to lie on their mat for 2 - 2/12 hours a day where the child does not sleep, is child abuse. Not everyone needs the same amount of sleep, and I think that this is just an excuse for daycares to use this time where they can have only 1 person being with the kids and not having to do anything with them.
If a child does not sleep within the first hour,they should be allowed to go and sit in the reading corner or be put with other kids that dont sleep in a classroom where they can at least do something constructive.
Normaly I would agreee I don’t like make them sit quiet for 2 hours, though it’s lincesing policy. Though I don’t agree it is child abuse. But if thier are a lot preschool kids in the reading area that could turn into a distraction. Example: Mentor J was reading Child K (only awake child) a stories (which I didn’t think we were allowed to do) they were booth loud, though no one woke up. If awake kids were all on the couch having preschool sit quietly for 2 hours is also a challenge even with a book. And people could proably make an argument that, be reading aloud is a distraction (see state code)