View Single Post
momofboys 05:15 AM 08-03-2010
I decided to do what someone else on here has done (Iowa, is it you?) & call some aquaintances I know who do daycare to try to form a back-up system or at least a system to talk about problems & how to resolve situations, etc. I called a woman from my church who I know does daycare & although we have not talked much at church we talked on the phone for over an hour (neither of us was providing care at the time, lol, she was on vacation & I just had my own children). So I feel great about making that step so I don't feel so isolated (which I do at times). Anyway, the funny part was we talked about our families that we care for briefly & she mentioned the new clients she interviewed & I knew in a heartbeat that it was the family I teminated. At first I hesitated to say anything but then I thought about how I would have wanted advance warning if I knew the parents would be problematic so I spilled most of the beans to her. The funny thing was this woman said she had crystal-clear & strict policies & the mom asked if she would really have to pay whether her child/ren were there or not (she always tried to get out of it with me or ask me to let her pay 1/2 rate, I am a bit more lenient with my policies). The kicker was she told the mom she'd have to talk it over w/hubby before she signed on b/c "hubby won't like paying when we aren't there". That was the line she always used on me, she'd say I will pay you for our sick day but I won't let hubby know as he'd throw an absolute fit. (it was in my contract BTW!) I'm glad I was able to clue this provider in on this family