View Single Post
Cat Herder 05:32 PM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by melskids:
i currently have 2 infants, 8 and 10 months old.
2 two year olds
2 three year olds

your statement i bolded says it all right there...lol i NEVER walk away from the infants or toddlers when they are using the art supplies.

if your using FFCERS, i believe it says art should be available everyday to preschool age, but only 3 times a week, or maybe only once, to infants and toddlers. i'd have to look again. point is, you can start slow, a couple times a week until youre more comfortable and the kids get used to the materials being out.

infants sit in their highchairs, and i usually only give them 1 or 2 crayons at a time, or a teaspoon of paint at a time.

they snap crayons and crumble/tear paper. its all part of the process.

i gradually let them go to the "big kids" art table and the easel somewhere around 18 months old, but i still stay right with them until they understand how to use materials properly. (just like silversabre mentioned)

don't get me wrong, i'm not gonna lie. its ALOT of work. but like i said, its my thing, and i feel its all worth the effort.
Oh, wow!!! Yeah!!! I already do THAT. I thought they wanted it out, displayed at eye level and "accessible" at all times....

We still have not had a "Q&A" session; QRIS. Between CDA, QRIS, FCCRS, ECERS, Emergent Curriculum, Evaluating/Documenting Development, Portfolios and everything else thrown at me at once, I live in a state of confusion lately.

Thank you for being so patient.

I do LOVE the contact paper idea with the feathers and stuff... That sounds like such a fun activity, Big Mama.