View Single Post
Unregistered 06:35 PM 02-01-2010
This is what I would be worried about if I was this provider. If a child acts this way (the fits) on the first day of a trial I would be very worried about what type of behaviors the child might be capable of when she finally gets comfortable. In my experience a lot of children are usually MUCH better behaved when they are in an unfamiliar environment with people they are not really comfortable with. Sometimes known as the "honeymoon" period. They generally will start testing the waters on the second week or so, but I would be wary of a child that turned it on right away.
I don't know you or your child, so I'm working on assumptions only and am going to tell you what I think is going on. Please, please, please don't be offended, because that is not my intent and I'm just going to give you my impression from what you've posted. I think the provider is trying not to make you mad and that there was probably a lot more behavior issues going on than she feels comfortable discussing with you. She's trying to let you down nicely without making you feel defensive about your daughter.
She's got a program going on with a group of children and it's all clicking along well with them and she's convinced that your daughter will be the wrench that messes up the well oiled machine she's got right now.
Keep looking you'll find a good fit.