View Single Post
Jiminycrickets 12:49 PM 09-13-2018
I have a DCB, about to turn 4, who started at the beginning of summer. He had never been in day care before (always with Grandma) so had no idea how to act in the setting and he drove me and everyone else insane for months. If it was a rule, he broke it, and couldn't seem to understand why he was always in trouble. I could see he was trying and he started to improve slowly, but it was a huge struggle for all of us.
Today, I didn't have to scold him, give a consequence, or put him in time-out for one thing. He was sweet with the littler kids, was genuinely helpful to me, listened right away when I asked him to do something.
Now at naptime, he is sitting on his mat looking at books and playing quietly with some soft blocks. I accidentally dropped a spoon cleaning up and it made a bit of a clatter. He looked at me, shook his head gently and put his finger to his lips and pointed to the baby sleeping near him.
I want to laugh at him and hug him at the same time. Total terror to quiet rule enforcer in 3.5 months. Good job, little guy.