View Single Post
Blackcat31 12:03 PM 01-23-2017
Originally Posted by happymom:
What would you do in my case?

Would it be rude of me to question the daycare's illness policy? Or should I just let them make the call and trust their call?

I mean, it's not a life or death thing, but I don't want a sick kid either
I would talk to the Director and I'd ask for more info as if I were merely wondering what makes this situation different from others and to see if it is common to not exclude for conjunctivitis. IMHO, I think it's highly contagious and would be something I would WANT to exclude for.

Originally Posted by daycarediva:
maybe point out to the director that conjuntivitis IS pink eye and ask if the child has been on antibiotic eye drops for a minimum of 24 hours?

I got pink eye as an adult and even after 24 hours of antibiotics, my eyes looked awful.
Sometimes the conjunctivitis though is viral and doesn't require antibiotics. I'm finding that its common for schools not to exclude for this BUT I am also assuming it's because kids that age know how to keep their hands from their faces and to wash them. kwim?

Otherwise, in my experience it's fairly common for the little ones to have viral conjunctivitis more so than bacterial but I don't know if that is just me...