View Single Post
Unregistered 07:15 AM 02-01-2017
The majority of the staff at ABC Daycare is very kind and caring and the center itself is brand new and very attractive. The center is small and homey less than twenty five kids which is comforting to me, Unfortunately that’s where the positives end with this daycare. This daycare is one of the only facilities in town that closes at 5:30pm and has a ZERO leniency on any flexibility or realistic expectations for the working parent. This week was a holiday week, they were closed of course Christmas day, the day after Christmas and the following day.

That takes away Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from our paid care week, I simply asked if she could come on Thursday because they were closed three days this week and we lost days of care that we are required to pay for. The answer? “Absolutely no”! And if I needed her to attend, an extra $10hr for the day, considering I have 30+ unused hours. Since her schedule says she normally won’t attend on Thursdays she is not allowed to come in, even given advance notice. I understand that we have to pay rather she is there or not, but not being allowed to use the full hours we pay for is complete idiocy. I too, would like to get paid for an unearned salary but this situation could not be ideal for any working parent. You pay for a full week 35-45hrs at $250 and you get one day? Not to mention this same week they are closing early Friday at 3pm.

This facility is business first and will not make any accommodations what so ever, I have on multiple occasions paid for dual care. Paid for a nanny while not being allowed to attend daycare and of course paying for daycare because I have to, rather she is present or absent. If you are thinking about ABC Daycare think twice as you will be donating to a facility that will strive to extract the most profit out of you while turning away your child and getting paid in their absence.

I recently put my daughter two weeks notice in and requested a full itemized bill. My fiancé entered the daycare and was turned away before he even got my daughters coat off. He was asked to pay the full balance in cash today for her to attend, although I stated I would pay the full balance Friday (3days from now) and I would not pay cash; out of my two year history there has NEVER been a check that bounced so I didn’t see why I was being bullied to pay cash. He left the facility and thank goodness we have a flexible nanny for backup, as we are used to abandoning our jobs often for illegitimate reasons. In the evening he went to gather her things as we didn’t want to continue this tortuous ride. Upon entering he was told they had took our daughters items and would return them after we had spoke to Sally and that she would decide when we can get her items back!

Out of six employees that instructed me to speak to the owner no one had Sally's phone number, email or a direct line where I could leave a message. I called over to ABC Daycare where Sally is usually located and a employee who most likely lied about her name “Addison” said that the only person I could speak to, Mary. Was giving a tour at 4:30p and was not available, I stressed to her it was very urgent and continued to call and pleaded could she excuse herself from the tour for just a moment to provide me with Sally's phone number? Her answer “No she’s busy and that’s too bad you’ll just have to try again tomorrow and hung up on me” this was at 5:45pm I’m more than sure the duration of the tour didn’t extend an hour plus.

I understand that this a business and that business comes first and the owner Sally has no human side at all and that greed fuels every intention she makes including the decision to withhold my billing statement and intimidate me to pay cash in exchange for holding my daughters items for ransom. I’ve come to a realistic assumption that her businesses are on the decline and given the drastic measures for just two weeks of pay, she is desperately in need and will terrorize and disregard her professionalism to gain every dollar. My experience may be one of a kind but I DO NOT recommend that any parent go down the rabbit hole with either of these daycares, it is truly a nightmare and I hope that I can save a parent the time, money and disrespect that this owner Sally and her employees has shown me and my family.