View Single Post
Crazy8 04:58 AM 07-19-2012
Originally Posted by DaisyMamma:
I would respond to the text and remind them kindly about the two weeks notice. Then send them a bill when you get home. But I wouldn't waste anymore time or concern about it. It is likely that you won't see the money, but it's worth a try.

I always get the 2 weeks upfront as a nonrefundable deposit. It does get spent right away, yes, but I use it for something the daycare "needs" and then at least I know I did get paid. It does feel like I'm not getting paid for the two weeks at the end. But, having the parents pay that two weeks lets me know they will actually show up. Before I required the deposit I would have people say they were definitely coming and then never show up.
All of this. I'm not interested in wasting my time on collections, court, etc. but I would send them a very formal notice with a copy of the signed contract just to see if they will send it. I also always collect a deposit up front. I still hate when people leave without notice but at least I am not really out the money.