View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:09 AM 07-03-2015
Originally Posted by Whitney:
Thank you!! I am new to the site.
Welcome aboard! There are tons of providers here from all sorts of backgrounds and all of them are very helpful and supportive so I think you will find this place a great source of information.

s for pre-enrollments, I can't give much advice for that as I've never been in that situation but in my opinion, most parents want immediate care or care within 2 weeks so expecting pre-enrollment for a longer amount of time might not be feasible. I suppose it depends on the family, as a family on maternity leave could easily dictate a future date for beginning care but I don't know if others can do the same...know what I mean?

Also, I don't know about the care environment in your area...

Is it difficult to find providers? Are there too many or not enough providers for the area? Is infant care or toddler care lacking?
Are established providers needing to fill spaces too or are they turning children away?

There is so much more to it.... Is your program unique to others in the area, are your rates too high, too low?

Have you tried to network or connect with other providers in the area? If there is a huge need for care in your area, perhaps one of them would be willing to send callers your way.

Opening a new business is hard and maintaining a consistent income is difficult too.....especially in child care. You will learn that there is NO guarantee for that.

Most providers here will tell you the first 6 months - year were tough and opening at full enrollment can happen but it's a rare occurrence and like I said, totally dependent on your area and the needs and demands related to child care.

Also, on a side note you mentioned hanging flyers on mailboxes... please do NOT do that! You cannot legally hang things on people's mailboxes without permission. (Vista print offers target mailing services if you are interested in mailing flyers)

HTH