View Single Post
daycare 10:49 AM 03-22-2011
Originally Posted by marniewon:
We bought a house (in another town) last fall to fix up and eventually move in to. We have decided to move sometime in June. The house we are in now, we gave back to the bank to auction since they wouldn't work with us. The house sold in December and we're now in the 6 month redemption period. I planned to give notice to my families at the end of April to be done June 3.

Now here's my dilemma. I got a registered letter from my insurance company today saying that insurance coverage will end on April 22 since the home is no longer owner-occupied. I cannot continue daycare without insurance. So now I need to close 5 weeks earlier than I had planned (which gives me less than/around a month notice, and I wanted to give a little more than that). To add to that, I had scheduled my paid vacation the week of April 18-22. I'm assuming there's no way that I can keep that paid vacation when my vacation week would be my last week.

So now I'm wondering what to tell my parents. Do I explain the insurance thing to them or just say I'm closing because I'm moving out of the area? If I tell them that and they see me still at this house or around town, they may wonder why I lied to them.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
I would be honest with them. Tell them why. This is not your fault, you did not ask for this to happen and you cant control it. I am sure if you tell it like it is and don't beat around the bush, they will understand and respect you. DOn't lie about it, a lie while won't get you anywhere.
You also don't need to tell them in balck and white why, just explain to them without airing all of your personal matters the best that you can...

so sorry too hear this and best of luck to you and your family