View Single Post
Daycare Mommy 09:16 PM 04-19-2010
Originally Posted by QualiTcare:
more like, "hopefully to god" people will realize this as time goes on. we all have opinions, but statistics don't lie.

once again, nobody would be satisfied with high school graduates educating their children (K-12) even though statistics show that the MOST important time is from birth up until Kindergarten.

if K-12 teachers have to be educated/licensed to be in the classroom, why are "teachers" who care for young children exempt, even though it has been proven that these years are the most important?

it's a fault of society - not my judgement. if society wasn't at fault for underestimating the importance of early childhood, then daycare workers would be getting paid more than minimum wage. i think EVERYONE agrees that daycare workers don't get paid enough, but of course with higher wages comes higher standards.

do i think daycare providers deserve more money? YES! i also believe more money is synomynous with higher qualifications. daycare providers won't ever make the money they deserve until the standards are raised. if you aren't for higher standards, then you shouldn't be for more money either.
No. It's Thank God. (<-with a capital G btw) And high school graduates ARE educating young people successfully, Kindergarten and beyond. It's called homeschool.