View Single Post
QualiTcare 12:50 AM 04-25-2010
Originally Posted by janarae:
ITA with you Jen! I also have a four year degree but I don't think I provide superior service simply because of my degree. Sure I do lots of extra things for my clients but nothing more than my neighbor is doing who may not be degreed. If I were to try to charge a lot more I would likely lose my clients, degree or not. Simply having a degree is not a valid reason IMO to charge more. In fact I would say I charge closer to the low end in my area (although not the cheapest). I do what I do so I can be home with my youngest & be home when my older boys get home from school.

In reference to the poop, there is NO WAY I would thoroughly clean it! Yuck!
we can all agree to disagree...

but that doesn't change the facts...

parents are willing to pay a licensed teacher more than they will pay someone with a GED. it's much like i'd pay my dentist more than i'd pay some guy with a GED to rip out my tooth.

having "a degree" isn't the point - because having "a degree" and having an "early childhood degree/being a licensed teacher" is different when it comes to caring for/teaching children. i'm sorry, but as a parent, i'd be willing to pay someone an extra 5 bucks who is a LICENSED teacher (not a self proclaimed "teacher") that went to college for four years to learn about young children vs. someone who may be really nice, but couldn't finish high school. MONEY is a factor, not only in childcare, but in every aspect of life - like it or not. i like to say, "you get what you pay for" and the parents i have agree. so, obviously i'm not alone in my thinking, even if i'm the odd man out here.