View Single Post
DCMom 08:26 AM 02-26-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Providers who signed a card and do not wish to be automatically enrolled as a union member should request their card back.

AFCSME/Council 5
Attn: Adrienne Kern
300 Hardman Avenue South
Suite #2
So. St. Paul, MN 55075
Phone: 651-450-4990
Fax: 651-455-1311

You may email Adrienne directly to request your card back at:
adrienne.kern@afscmemn.org

http://childcareunioninfo.weebly.com...ou-signed.html

Found out last night that in order to participate in the Parent Aware stars rating program, providers MUST have atleast one family on CCAP.

and.......

although the union (if passed) will be voluntary, union dues will be taken automatically from CCAP payments so basically taking a family who is using CCAP will automatically make you part of the union.

Nice how that ties together.

Providers participating in Parent Aware will be the providers our CCR&R recommend when families call looking for child care services.

Families who choose providers who participate in Parent Aware will also receive tax incentives (?) and be eligible for scholarships to help pay for child care all through the Parent Aware program.

Participation may be voluntary and/or optional but they sure aren't making it easy to NOT participate. *sigh*
I was just coming back to post that info BC, thanks!

I have also attached a de-authorization form that can be filled out and emailed per the instructions on the sheet.

About Parent Aware....I am totally LOL'ing here.

I have been on the fence about PA for quite awhile. I was involved in the initial launch years ago when it was just called 'The Quality Rating System' and questioned how far it would go then. More recently, I have participated in Launching Early Learners and other programs that involved a mentor/coach that came to my childcare regularly. My mentor/coach was also is very, very involved in PA and we would have these discussions when she was at my home about the union and PA and CCAP and mandatory vs voluntary. I'm kinda to the right and she's sorta to the left, but we would have these really great conversations.

She absolutely assured me ( a year or so ago...) 'that would NEVER happen, it is NOT the intention of PA to require any type of participation in any other program!' I said, 'OK, we'll see...". And here we are.

I say the same thing about the union. ANY gov't money you receive will be subject to union dues. I truly believe that at some point you will need to be a member of the union to be licensed. JMHO.
Attached: Union_Deauthorization_Card_-_2013.doc (26.5 KB)