View Single Post
Unregistered 05:30 PM 01-22-2014
Yes definitely! I have kept my nursing license and it really helps with getting children. I got licensed over the summer and in the beginning I took any kids and let them pay daily. It was a big mistake but I was worried about the money. I got kids very easy and very fat without doing any advertising at all. I had my old babysitter refer me and just trekking people at garage sales and such and I answered a couple ads. I am full and have been and have had people still asking and kinda like a wait list type thing. I did recently send out a new contract to the parents that is much more strict and having them pay weekly. The taxes is a bit overwhelming add you claim meals and time space and depreciate everything in house but it sounds like no one really ends up paying. Now that I have new contracts and I'm basically full I am making more than nursing. Now I will tell you there are days I wish I could just go back to nursing. It's easy to go to work and leave work there. Now I feel like I'm always at work and these parents really walk all over you and take advantage of you. I was a pediatric nurse so it's kinda like the demanding parents there. Just as bad. And the healthy children ate harder to take care of than sick ones lol. You really need to stay on a schedule and be strict from day one. It's kinda hard sometimes to deal with other people's kids. I really shake my head a lot. I have many stories and I would be glad to help you in any way and answer any questions. Feel free to email me and then we can exchange numbers or anything. Kristen79rn@yahoo.com
Talk to you soon.